Feb 23, 2013

Fix Mac OS X Click Problem

Sometimes when I use my OS X Lion in Macbook Pro, I encountered a strange bug where I need to use double click/tap on trackpad instead of single click or I need to do right click first before I can click something on mac. This problem often occur after booting and sometimes after wake up from sleep or hibernate.
If you have the same problem, this is my solution:
  1. Download and install free tool called MagicPrefs.
  2. After installation MagicPrefs will be placed on "System Preferences", open MagicPrefs.
  3. Sometimes another strange bug appear, when you open MagicPrefs, System Preferences will closed. Open MagicPrefs again, now the MagicPrefs properties is shown.
  4. Check Show Icon (top right), MagicPrefs icon will appear in menu bar.

  5. Click the icon and choose Disable MagicPrefs. Click the icon again and now choose Enable MagicPrefs.

  6. Back to MagicPrefs preferences window, uncheck Show Icon. Close the window.
Now my OS X click run normally. If you have the same problem, hopefully this solution can fixed yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment